Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Old Master slides await re-animation

An offering from a fellow macabre enthusiast.

Lisa Temple Cox kindly gave permission for me to dive into several buckets of Old Master slides she had recently rescued from immanent death.

My fascination is not concerning the slides themselves.
Remove the slides and the artwork titles become somewhat abstract and mislaid. Void

Following on from the slide drawings produced during the summer residency, where coincidentally, I met Lisa Temple Cox, I'd like to try my hand re-illustrating the artworks by title.

Themes fresh to mind from a quick sift through the pile of slides - mortality (obviously): oddities, freaks and monsters: man v's nature: images of gender: procreation and birth...

But we'll see.










more titles shortly

...

No comments:

Post a Comment